United States District Court, E.D. Pennsylvania
March 23, 2015
SHAWN STEWART, Plaintiff,
CAROLYN W. COLVIN, Acting Commissioner of Social Security, Defendant, SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION, Interested Party.
JAMES KNOLL GARDNER, District Judge.
NOW, this 20th day of March, 2015, upon consideration of the following documents:
(1) Decision of Administrative Law Judge John M. Fitzpatrick dated July 21, 2011;
(2) Complaint filed November 26, 2012;
(3) Answer filed March 14, 2013;
(4) Plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgment or in the Alternative, Plaintiff's Motion for Remand, which motion was filed April 22, 2013; together with
Plaintiff's Brief and Statement of Issues in Support of Request for Review;
(5) Defendant's Response to Request for Review of Plaintiff, which response was filed June 24, 2013;
(6) Plaintiff's Reply Brief filed July 3, 2013;
(7) Report and Recommendation of United States Magistrate Judge M. Faith Angell dated and filed May 30, 2014; and
(8) Plaintiff's Objection to the Report and Recommendation of the Magistrate Judge, which objections were filed June 6, 2014;
after a through review of the record in this matter; it appearing that plaintiff's objections to Magistrate Judge Angell's Report and Recommendation are essentially a restatement of the issues raised in Plaintiff's Brief and Statement of Issues in Support of Request for Review, and are without merit; it further appearing after de novo review of this matter that Magistrate Judge Angell's Report and Recommendation correctly determined the legal and factual issues presented,
IT IS ORDERED that Magistrate Judge Angell's Report and Recommendation is approved and adopted.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the decision of the Commissioner is affirmed.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that plaintiff's request for review is denied.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that plaintiff's alternate motion for remand is denied.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that plaintiff's motion for summary judgment is dismissed.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that plaintiff's objections to the Report and Recommendation of Magistrate Judge Angell are overruled.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that judgment is granted in favor of defendant Carolyn W. Colvin, Acting Commissioner of Social Security and against plaintiff Shawn Stewart.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the Clerk of Court shall close this civil action for statistical purposes.