United States District Court, M.D. Pennsylvania
EDWIN M. KOSIK, District Judge.
AND NOW, this 27th day of May, 2014, IT APPEARING TO THE COURT THAT:
(1) Petitioner, Ruben Valerio Mendez, a prisoner formerly confined at the York County Prison, York, Pennsylvania, filed the instant petition for writ of habeas corpus pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2254 on October 4, 2012;
(2) In his petition, petitioner challenged his June 7, 2010 conviction for drug offenses and his August 20, 2010 sentence, imposed by the Schuylkill County Court of Common Pleas;
(3) The action is currently assigned to Magistrate Judge Karoline Mehalchick for Report and Recommendation;
(4) On May 22, 2014, the Magistrate Judge issued a Report and Recommendation (Doc. 23), wherein she recommended that the petition for writ of habeas corpus be dismissed as moot;
(5) Specifically, the Magistrate Judge found that the petitioner had completed his sentence on June 28, 2013 and was deported to the Dominican Republic on February 4, 2014;
(6) Moreover, we note that documents sent to Petitioner at his former address have been returned to the courts as undeliverable, with no forwarding address (Docs. 17 and 21);
AND, IT FURTHER APPEARING THAT:
(7) We have considered the Magistrate Judge's Report and we concur with her recommendation.
ACCORDINGLY, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
(1) The Report and Recommendation of Magistrate Judge Karoline Mehalchick dated May 22, 2014 (Doc. 23) is ADOPTED;
(2) The Petitioner's petition for writ of habeas corpus is DISMISSED as moot;
(3) The Clerk of Court is directed to CLOSE this case and to forward a copy of this Order to ...