United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
April 17, 2014
EUNICE HUSBAND, Plaintiff,
D. KNAPP, et al., Defendants.
Robert D. Mariani, United States District Judge
AND NOW, THIS 17TH DAY OF APRIL, 2014, upon de novo review of Magistrate Judge Carlson's Report and Recommendation (Doc. 6), Plaintiffs Complaint (Doc. 1), and all related filings, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Report and Recommendation (Doc. 6) is ADOPTED, for the reasons stated therein.
2. Plaintiff's Objections (Doc. 8) are OVERRULED.
3. Plaintiff's Complaint (Doc. 1) is DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE as follows:
a. Defendants Taggart, Entzel, Wilson, Young, Frederick, Benfer, Adonis, Brown, Magyar, Pigos, Norwood, Tafelski, and Miosi are DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE, for the reasons stated in the Report and Recommendation. The Court notes that Plaintiff states more specific, non-supervisory allegations against some of them in his Objections. However, all such allegations must be made with specificity in the body of Plaintiffs Complaint.
b. Plaintiffs demand for a specified sum of damages is STRICKEN from the Complaint WITHOUT PREJUDICE to be raised in a subsequent proceeding, for the reasons stated in the Report and Recommendation.
4. Plaintiff shall have TWENTY (20) DAYS from the date of this Order to file an Amended Complaint.
5. The case is REMANDED to Magistrate Judge Carlson for further proceedings consistent with this Order.