United States District Court, M.D. Pennsylvania
March 31, 2014
AMANDA GESSNER, Plaintiff,
GARY ANTHONY FIORETTI, et al., Defendants.
EDWIN M. KOSIK, District Judge.
AND NOW, this 31st day of March, 2014, IT APPEARING TO THE COURT THAT:
(1) Plaintiff, Amanda Gessner, an inmate confined at the State Correctional Institution at Muncy, filed the instant civil rights action on January 22, 2014;
(2) Service of the complaint is pending;
(3) On March 28, 2014, Plaintiff filed a letter of withdrawal (Doc. 15) in which she requests the court to "dismiss & withdrawl" (sic) the above-captioned action;
(4) On March 28, 2014, Magistrate Judge Martin C. Carlson issued a Report and Recommendation (Doc. 16), recommending that we grant Plaintiff's request pursuant to Fed.R.Civ.P. 41(a);
(5) We agree with the Magistrate Judge's recommendation and we will grant Plaintiff's request;
ACCORDINGLY, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
(1) The Report and Recommendation of Magistrate Judge Martin C. Carlson dated March 28, 2014 (Doc. 16) is ADOPTED;
(2) Plaintiff's voluntary dismissal of this action (Doc. 15) is APPROVED;
(3) The Plaintiff's complaint is DISMISSED; and
(4) The Clerk of Court is directed to CLOSE this case and to FORWARD a copy of this Order to the Magistrate Judge.