January 16, 2014
ALPHONSE JOHN PRITCHARD, Petitioner,
JOHN E. WETZEL, Secretary PA Dept. of Corrections, et al., Respondents
LAWRENCE F. STENGEL, District Judge.
AND NOW, this 16th day of January, 2014, upon careful and independent consideration of the petition for writ of habeas corpus, and after review of the thorough and well-reasoned Report and Recommendation of United States Magistrate Judge David R. Strawbridge, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The petitioner's objections are OVERRULED following a de novo review.
2. The Report and Recommendation is APPROVED and ADOPTED.
3. The petition for writ of habeas corpus is DISMISSED with prejudice.
4. The petitioner's motion to stay proceedings (Document #4) is DENIED.
5. A certificate of appealability shall not issue because the petitioner has neither made a substantial showing of the denial of a constitutional right nor demonstrated that reasonable jurists would debate the correctness of the procedural aspects of this ruling. See 28 U.S.C. § 2253(c)(2); Slack v. McDaniel , 529 U.S. 473, 484 (2000).
6. The Clerk of Court is directed to mark this case CLOSED for all purposes.