IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
September 10, 2012
ELLEN ANNETTE GILBOY,
FORMER STATE SENATOR ROBERT J. MELLOW, ET AL., DEFENDANTS
The opinion of the court was delivered by: (Judge Conner)
AND NOW, this 10th day of September, 2012, upon consideration of the Report and Recommendation of United States Magistrate Judge Martin C. Carlson (Doc. 4), recommending that plaintiff's motion to proceed in forma pauperis (Doc. 2) be granted and the complaint (Doc. 1) be dismissed, and, following an independent review of the record and noting that plaintiff filed objections*fn1 to the report on August 28, 2012 (Doc. 9), and the court finding Judge Carlson's analysis to be thorough and well-reasoned, and the court finding plaintiff's objections to be without merit and squarely addressed by Judge Carlson's report (Doc. 4), it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. The Report and Recommendation of Magistrate Judge Carlson (Doc. 4) are ADOPTED.
2. Plaintiff's motion to proceed in forma pauperis (Doc. 2) is GRANTED.
3. Plaintiff's complaint (Doc. 1) is DISMISSED pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915(e)(2)(B)(I) and (ii).
4. Plaintiff's motion to appoint counsel (Doc. 7) is DENIED as moot.
5. The Clerk of Court is directed to CLOSE this case.
CHRISTOPHER C. CONNER United States District Judge