IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
September 4, 2012
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
JOSEPH LIGAMBI, ANTHONY STAINO, JR., JOSEPH MASSIMINO, GEORGE BORGESI, DAMION CANALICHIO, LOUIS BARRETTA, GARY BATTAGLINI, JOSEPH LICATA, AND LOUIS FAZZINI, DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Eduardo C. Robreno, J.
AND NOW, this 4th day of September, 2012, for the reasons set forth in the accompanying Memorandum, it is hereby ORDERED as follows:
1. Defendant Ligambi's Motion to Strike from the Indictment and Bar All Reference to the History and Structure of La Cosa Nostra at Trial (ECF No. 561) is DENIED.
2. Defendant Borgesi's Motion in Limine to Exclude Other Crimes Pursuant to Federal Rule of Evidence 404(b) and Supplemental Motion in Limine (ECF Nos. 643, 716) are DENIED.
3. The Government's Motion in Limine to Admit Racketeering Evidence (ECF Nos. 648, 649) is GRANTED.
4. Defendant Ligambi's Motion to Exclude Evidence of Defendant Ligambi's Prior Bad Acts and Crimes (ECF No. 713) is DENIED.
5. Defendant Borgesi's Second Supplemental Motion in Limine to Exclude Other Crimes Evidence Pursuant to Federal Rules of Evidence 404(b) and 403 (ECF No. 828) is GRANTED in part and DENIED in part.
6. Defendant Borgesi's Second Supplemental Motion in Limine (ECF No. 828) and the Government's Exhibit 1 shall be UNSEALED.
AND IT IS SO ORDERED.
Eduardo C. Robreno
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.