IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
August 28, 2012
JAMES D. SCHNELLER AND FRIENDS OF JIM SCHNELLER FOR CONGRESS, PLAINTIFFS,
PHILADELPHIA NEWSPAPERS, INC., ET AL, DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Lawrence F. Stengel, J.
AND NOW, this 28th day of August, 2012, upon consideration of Defendants' Motions to Dismiss (Doc. Nos. 19, 20, and 21) and all responses and replies thereto, and upon consideration of Plaintiffs' Motion for Default Judgment (Doc. No. 35) and Motion to Strike (Doc. No. 37) it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. Defendants' Motions to Dismiss (Doc. Nos. 19, 20, and 21) are GRANTED.
2. The remaining claims by Plaintiffs against Defendants shall be dismissed without prejudice as to Plaintiffs' right to refile its claims in the appropriate venue;
3. All claims in the federal action are dismissed;
4. Plaintiffs' Motion for Default Judgment (Doc. No. 35) is DENIED;
5. Plaintiffs' Motion to Strike (Doc. No. 37) is DENIED AS MOOT; and
6. The Clerk of Court shall mark this case as closed for all purposes. BY THE COURT:
LAWRENCE F. STENGEL
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.