IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
July 16, 2012
DISH NETWORK L.L.C., ET AL., PLAINTIFFS,
BENJAMIN JONES, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Berle M. Schiller, J.
AND NOW, this 16th day of July, 2012, upon consideration Plaintiffs' Motion for Default Judgment and Request for Statutory Damages and Permanent Injunction, and for the reasons stated in the Court's Memorandum dated July 16, 2012, it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. The motion (Document No. 5) is GRANTED.
2. Judgment is entered for Plaintiffs and against Defendant on Count III (Electronic Communications Privacy Act).
3. Plaintiffs' request for statutory damages under 18 U.S.C. § 2520(c)(2) is GRANTED. Statutory damages in the amount of $10,000 are awarded to Plaintiffs.
4. Plaintiffs' request for a permanent injunction is DENIED.
5. Counts I and II of the Complaint are DISMISSED with prejudice.
6. The Clerk of Court is directed to close this case.
BY THE COURT:
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.