IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
March 22, 2012
WILLIE POLITE, ET AL.,
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Eduardo C. Robreno, J.
ORDER AND NOW, this 22nd day of March, 2012, it is hereby ORDERED that Plaintiffs' Motions for Discovery (ECF Nos. 55, 56, 58) are GRANTED as outlined herein. Defendants shall produce the following discovery to each Plaintiff by April 23, 2012:
1. Complete copy of Plaintiff-Stover's medical record from 1988 to present, produced to Plaintiff-Stover;
2. Complete copy of Plaintiff-Wheeler's medical record from March 29, 2000, to present, produced to Plaintiff-Wheeler;
3. Complete copy of Plaintiff-Polite's medical record from March 29, 2000, to present, produced to Plaintiff-Polite;
4. Complete Copy of Plaintiff-Monroe's medical record from March 29, 2000, to present, produced to Plaintiff-Monroe;
5. Plaintiffs are permitted to depose: Joseph Korszniak, Leiliani Sears, Jack Staffaroni, Richard Stefanic, and Felipe Arias via (a) written depositions pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 31; and (b) written interrogatories;
6. The entire contract between the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Defendant-Prison Health Services that provides the rights and obligations for medical services, if it has not already been produced;
7. A copy of 37 Pa. Code § 93.12(e);
8. Public job description of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and mission statement;
9. Copy of the oath of office taken by Defendant-Beard;
10. Inmate handbook;
11. In lieu of producing documents, Defendants shall identify the licenses, board certifications, and years of experience of all physicians, nurses, psychiatrists, and psychologists that treated Plaintiffs while they were in the custody of Defendant-Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Each physician, nurse, psychiatrist, or psychologist shall be identified by number and remain anonymous until, for good cause shown, it is otherwise Ordered by the Court;
12. Any service contracts between Defendants and non-party MHM Correctional Services, for services render at the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections;
It is hereby further ORDERED, that all other discovery requests within Plaintiffs' Motions for Discovery (ECF Nos. 55, 56, 58) are DENIED without prejudice;
It is hereby further ORDERED that, as the Court is granting Plaintiffs limited discovery, Defendants motions for summary judgment (ECF Nos. 46, 48) are DENIED without prejudice;
It is hereby further ORDERED that any motions for summary judgment shall be filed by May 23, 2012. Any response to motions for summary judgment shall be filed by July 9, 2012. Any reply shall be filed by July 24, 2012.
AND IT IS SO ORDERED.
Eduardo C. Robreno
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.