IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
March 6, 2012
STACY STRANGE, PLAINTIFF,
OFFICER AVERY FREEMAN, ET AL. DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Berle M. Schiller, J.
AND NOW, this 6thday of March, 2012, upon consideration of Defendants'
Motion to Dismiss Under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(b)(6), Plaintiff's response thereto, and for the reasons stated in this Court's Memorandum dated March 6, 2012, it is hereby ORDERED that Defendants' motion (Document No. 4) is GRANTED in part and DENIED in part as follows:
1. Counts I, II, and V are DISMISSED in their entirety.
2. Count III is DISMISSED against Defendants Avery Freeman, William Swanson, and Luis Rodriguez. Count III remains against Defendant the City of Chester.
3. Defendants' motion to dismiss Count IV is DENIED.
4. Count VI is DISMISSED against Defendants Freeman, Rodriguez, and the City of Chester. Count VI remains against Defendant William Swanson.
5. Count VII is DISMISSED against Defendants Avery Freeman, Luis Rodriguez, and the City of Chester. Count VII shall remain against Defendant William Swanson to the extent it relies on the malicious prosecution claim.
BY THE COURT:
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.