IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
August 25, 2011
VICTOR ROZIER, PLAINTIFF
MICHAEL J. ASTRUE, COMMISSIONER OF SOCIAL SECURITY, DEFENDANT SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
The opinion of the court was delivered by: James Knoll Gardner United States District Judge
NOW, this 25 th day of August, 2011, upon consideration of the following documents:
(1) Decision of Administrative Law Judge Owen B. Katzman dated June 16, 2009;
(2) Complaint filed July 29, 2010 (Document 3);
(3) Answer filed October 8, 2010 (Document 6);
(4) Motion for Summary Judgment filed
November 22, 2010 (Document 7);
(5) Plaintiff's Brief and Statement of Issues in Support of Request for Review, which brief and statement of issues was filed November 22, 2010 (Document 7);
(6) Defendant's Response to Request for Review of Plaintiff, which response was filed December 22, 2010 (Document 8); and
(7) Report and Recommendation of United States Magistrate Judge David R. Strawbridge filed June 30, 2011 (Document 11); after a thorough review of the record in this matter; it appearing that neither party filed objections to Magistrate Judge Strawbridge's Report and Recommendation; it further appearing that Magistrate Judge Strawbridge's Report and Recommendation correctly determined the legal and factual issues presented in this case, IT IS ORDERED that Magistrate Judge Strawbridge's Report and Recommendation is approved and adopted.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that plaintiff's request for review is denied.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that plaintiff's motion for summary judgment is dismissed. *fn1
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that judgment is entered in favor of defendant Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of the Social Security Administration and against plaintiff Victor Rozier.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the decision of the Commissioner dated June 16, 2009 and affirmed by the Appeals Council on May 11, 2010 which denied benefits to plaintiff Victor Rozier is affirmed.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the Clerk of Court shall close this case for statistical purposes.
BY THE COURT: