IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
August 10, 2011
EMMANUEL ETIENNE, PETITIONER,
RAYMOND SOBINA, ET AL. RESPONDENTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Michael M. Baylson, U.S.D.J.
AND NOW, on this 10th day of August, 2011, upon consideration of Petitioner Emmanuel Etienne's Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2254 (ECF No. 1) and his Amended Petition (ECF No. 10), United States Magistrate Judge Carol Sandra Moore Wells's Report and Recommendation dated March 30, 2011 (ECF No. 14), Petitioner's objections thereto (ECF No. 18), and all related filings, and for the reasons in the accompanying Memorandum on Petitions for Writ of Habeas Corpus, it is hereby ORDERED as follows:
1. The Report and Recommendation (ECF No. 14) is APPROVED and ADOPTED consistent with the accompanying Memorandum;
2. Petitioner's Objections to the Report of Recommendation (ECF No. 18) are OVERRULED;
3. Petitioner's Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (ECF No. 1) and Amended Petition (ECF N0. 10) are DENIED with prejudice and DISMISSED without an evidentiary hearing;
4. There is no probable cause to issue a certificate of appealability;
5. The Clerk shall mark this matter as CLOSED for statistical purposes.
BY THE COURT:
Michael M. Baylson
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.