Attorney Registration No. 68781 (Potter County) No. 4 DB 2011
AND NOW, this 4th day of May, 2011, upon consideration of the Recommendation of the Three-Member Panel of the Disciplinary Board dated March 7, 2011, the Joint Petition for Discipline on Consent is hereby granted pursuant to Rule 215(g), Pa.R.D.E., and it is
ORDERED that Jarett Rand Smith is suspended on consent from the Bar of this Commonwealth for a period of one year and one day, the suspension is stayed in its entirety and he is placed on probation for a period of three years, subject to the following conditions:
1. During this probationary period, Respondent shall report to the Office of Disciplinary Counsel any charge brought against him for violation of any federal, state, or local statute or ordinance that provides for a possible sentence of imprisonment, such report to be made within twenty days of his being charged;
2. During this probationary period, Respondent shall not engage in conduct that is in violation of any federal, state or local statute or ordinance that provides for a possible sentence of imprisonment;
3. During this probationary period, Respondent shall not engage in conduct that is in violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct or the Rules of Disciplinary Enforcement;
4. Respondent shall file quarterly verified statements with the Disciplinary Board Secretary and the Office of Disciplinary Counsel, attesting to his compliance with the foregoing conditions;
5. Within ninety days of the entry of an Order imposing the recommended discipline, Respondent shall undergo a mental health evaluation for the purpose of determining whether he is afflicted by any mental disorder or disease, specifically including, but not limited to, substance abuse and excessive gambling;
6. Respondent shall provide to Disciplinary Counsel, within thirty days following the aforesaid mental health evaluation, a written report from the mental health evaluator, which report shall include, but not be limited to, the evaluator's diagnosis and recommended treatment (if any); and
7. Respondent shall fully comply with any and all treatment recommendations made by the mental health evaluator.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw ...