IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
February 24, 2011
GGIS INSURANCE SERVICES, INC., D/B/A GUARDIAN GENERAL INSURANCE SERVICES, AND RICHARD ACUNTO, PETITIONERS
LINCOLN GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY, RESPONDENT
LINCOLN GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY, PETITIONER
GGIS INSURANCE SERVICES, INC., AND RICHARD ACUNTO, RESPONDENTS
The opinion of the court was delivered by: (Judge Conner)
AND NOW, this 24th day of February, 2011, upon consideration of the Report and Recommendation of United States Magistrate Judge William T. Prince (Doc. 31), recommending that Lincoln's motion for summary judgment (Doc. 19) be granted, that GGIS and Acunto's motion for summary judgment (Doc. 16) be denied, and that the petition to vacate the arbitration award (Doc. 1) be denied, and, following an independent review of the record and noting that it appearing that neither party has objected to the magistrate judge's report and recommendation, and that there is no clear error on the face of the record,*fn1 see Nara v. Frank, 488 F.3d 187, 194 (3d Cir. 2007) (explaining that "failing to timely object to [a report and recommendation] in a civil proceeding may result in forfeiture of de novo review at the district court level"), it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. The Report and Recommendation of Magistrate Judge Prince (Doc. 31) is ADOPTED in its entirety.
2. Lincoln's motion for summary judgment (Doc. 19) is GRANTED.
3. GGIS and Acunto's motion for summary judgment (Doc. 16) is DENIED.
4. The petition to vacate the arbitration award (Doc. 1) is DENIED.
5. The Clerk of Court is directed to CLOSE this case.
CHRISTOPHER C. CONNER United States District Judge