Attorney Registration No. 2529
AND NOW, this 23rd day of November, 2010, upon consideration of the Recommendation of the Three-Member Panel of the Disciplinary Board dated October 14, 2010, the Joint Petition in Support of Discipline on Consent is hereby granted pursuant to Rule 215(g), Pa.R.D.E., and it is
ORDERED that Joseph A. Canuso is suspended from the practice of law for a period of two years, the suspension is stayed in its entirety and he is placed on probation for a period of two years, subject to the following conditions:
1. Respondent shall, within the first year of being placed on probation, complete three separate CLE courses covering the topics of firm management, time management, and criminal appellate practice and advocacy, which can be included within the twelve hours of annual CLE required by Pa.R.C.L.E. 105;
2. By the end of the first year of probation, Respondent shall provide to the Office of the Secretary and Office of Disciplinary Counsel documented proof of compliance with this condition;
3. Respondent shall select a lawyer to serve as a practice monitor and shall provide the name, address and telephone number of the proposed practice monitor to the Office of the Secretary, whose selection is subject to Office of Disciplinary Counsel's approval;
4. The practice monitor shall meet no less than monthly with Respondent and examine his law office organization and procedures to ensure that he is: keeping court dates; meeting filing deadlines, particularly for notices of appeal and appellate briefs; communicating appropriately with clients and third parties; and abiding by the Rules of Professional Conduct;
5. The practice monitor shall file with the Secretary quarterly reports concerning Respondent's compliance with the terms and conditions of probation; and
6. The practice monitor shall report to the Secretary any violations by Respondent of the terms and conditions of probation.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw ...