IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
October 22, 2010
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
ALEXAMUEL GLENN, JR. DEFENDANT
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Christopher C. Conner United States District Judge
AND NOW, this 22nd day of October, 2010, upon consideration of the motion (Doc. 297), filed by L. Rex Bickley, Esquire ("Attorney Bickley"), counsel for defendant Alexamuel Glenn, Jr. ("Glenn"), wherein Attorney Bickley requests that the court permit him to withdraw as counsel, and upon further consideration of the motion (Doc. 301) filed by Glenn, wherein Glenn requests new counsel, and it appearing that irreconcilable differences have arisen between Glenn and Attorney Bickley,*fn1 see 18 U.S.C. § 3006a(c) ("[T]he court may, in the interests of justice, substitute one appointed counsel for another at any stage of the proceedings."); United States v. Welty, 674 F.2d 185, 188 (3d Cir. 1982) (identifying "a complete breakdown in communication" or "an irreconcilable conflict with [one's] attorney" as cause for appointing substitute counsel); see also PA. RULES PROF'L CONDUCT R. 1.7, 1.16; UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA, CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACT PLAN at 8 (2005), it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. The motion (Doc. 297) to withdraw as counsel filed by L. Rex Bickley Esquire is GRANTED.
2. The motion (Doc. 301) to dismiss counsel filed by Glenn is GRANTED.
3. The appointment of L. Rex Bickley, Esquire, as counsel for defendant in the above-captioned case is TERMINATED.
4. Casey Shore, Esquire, 2411 North Front Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17110, telephone number (717) 232-9900, is appointed to represent defendant in the above-captioned case.
5. The Clerk of Court is directed to forward all necessary materials to Casey Shore, Esquire, as soon as possible.
6. L. Rex Bickley, Esquire, is directed to provide to Casey Shore, Esquire, the file in the above-captioned case as soon as possible.