IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
August 12, 2010
LAWRENCE J. KEOHANE, JR., ET AL., PLAINTIFFS
LANCASTER COUNTY, ET AL DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Mitchell S. Goldberg, J.
AND NOW, this 12th day of August, 2010, upon consideration of the "Motion for Summary Judgment of Defendants Lancaster County, Warden Vincent Guarini, Carrie McWilliams, Bonnie Bair, Troy Waltz, Robert Siemasko, Edward Sutton and Brian Weaver" (doc. no. 40), the "Motion of Robert Doe, M.D., for Summary Judgment" (doc. no. 39), Plaintiffs' responses in opposition, and for the reasons set forth in the accompanying Opinion, it is hereby ORDERED that:
* Summary judgment is GRANTED as to Plaintiffs':
* Eighth Amendment claims against all Defendants;
* Fourteenth Amendment claims against Defendants Waltz, Bair, Guarini and Siemasko;
* Monell claims against Lancaster County, Guarini, and Siemasko;
* Americans with Disability Act claim against all Defendants;
* State Survival and Wrongful Death claims against all Defendants; and
* Punitive damages claim against Defendant Lancaster County.
* Summary judgment is DENIED as to Plaintiffs':
* Fourteenth Amendment claims against Defendants McWilliams, Sutton, Weaver and Doe as well as Defendants' McWilliams, Sutton and Weaver's Qualified Immunity claims; and
* Punitive damages claim against Defendants McWilliams, Sutton, Weaver, and Doe.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.