IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
July 13, 2010
HAYS TUG & LAUNCH SERVICE, INC., ET AL.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Harvey Bartle III C.J.
AND NOW, this 13th day of July, 2010, after a hearing and upon agreement of all parties, it is hereby ORDERED that:
(1) the settlement of the wrongful death claim for $250,000 is approved, with distribution of the monies as follows;
(2) attorney's fees, at 1/3 of the total settlement, are approved in the amount of $83,333.32;
(3) attorney's costs are approved in the amount of $31,388.68;
(4) the $1,000 payment for settlement of the wrongful death claim under the Jones Act is apportioned as follows:
(a) Elsie Plummer - $250; and
(b) Maurice Jabree Nelson - $750; and
(5) the remaining monies, totaling $134,278, for settlement of the wrongful death claim under the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Act is apportioned as follows:
(a) Elsie Plummer - $26,855.60;
(b) Tamira Yvette Nelson - $26,855.60;
(c) Floyd Nelson Jr. - $26,855.60;
(d) Maurice Jabree Nelson - $26,855.60; and
(e) Althea Janette Hanna - $26,855.60.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.