IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
June 14, 2010
CARROLL A. WATKINS, PETITIONER,
MICHAEL D. KLOPOTOSKI, ET AL., RESPONDENTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gene E.K. Pratter Unitedstatesdistrictjudge
AND NOW, this 14th day of June, 2010, upon careful and independent consideration of Carroll Watkins' Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2254 (Doc. No. 1), the Respondents' Answer in Opposition (Doc. No. 10), the Report and Recommendation of United States Magistrate Judge David R. Strawbridge (Doc. No. 13), and Mr. Watkins' Objection to the Report and Recommendation (Doc. No. 15), it is ORDERED that:
1. Mr. Watkins' Objection (Doc. No. 15) is OVERRULED.*fn1
2. The Report and Recommendation (Doc. No. 13) is APPROVED AND ADOPTED.
3. Mr. Watkins' Petition (Doc. No. 1) is DENIED.
4. There is no probable cause to issue a certificate of appealability.
5. The Clerk of Court is instructed to mark this case CLOSED for all purposes, including statistics.