UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
April 23, 2010
THOMAS THOMPSON, PETITIONER,
FRANKLIN J. TENNIS, ET AL., RESPONDENTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Louis H. Pollak, J.
AND NOW, this 23rd day of April, 2010, upon consideration of petitioner's Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (docket no. 1), the Report and Recommendation of Chief Magistrate Judge Rueter (docket no. 7), petitioner's Objections to the Report and Recommendation (docket no. 8), and the record herein, and for reasons provided in the accompanying memorandum, it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. The Report and Recommendation is APPROVED and ADOPTED with the exception specified in footnote 1 of the accompanying memorandum;
2. Petitioner's objections to the Report & Recommendation are OVERRULED;
3. The petition for a writ of habeas corpus is DENIED and DISMISSED;
4. Petitioner's request for an evidentiary hearing is DENIED; and
5. A Certificate of Appealability is NOT GRANTED.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.