IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
March 16, 2010
LORENZO NICHOLS PETITIONER
BRIAN COLEMAN, ET AL. RESPONDENTS
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Thomas M. Golden, J.
AND NOW, this 16th day of March, 2010, upon careful and independent consideration of Petitioner's petition for a writ of habeas corpus (Doc. No. 1), Petitioner's pro se brief in support thereof (Doc. No. 3), Respondents' response thereto (Doc. No. 12), and Petitioner's reply to the response (Doc. No. 19), and after a review of the United States Magistrate Judge's December 4, 2008 Report and Recommendation (Doc. No. 20) and Petitioner's Objections (Doc. No. 25), it is ORDERED that:
1. The Report and Recommendation (Doc. No. 20) is APPROVED and ADOPTED;
2. The petition for a writ of habeas corpus (Doc. No. 1) is DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE;
3. Petitioner's Objections (Doc. No. 25) are OVERRULED;
4. A certificate of appealability SHALL NOT be issued, as Petitioner has not made a substantial showing of the denial of a constitutional right or demonstrated that a reasonable jurist would debate the correctness of this ruling. See 28 U.S.C. 2253(c)(2); Slack v. McDaniel, 529 U.S. 473, 483-84 (2000);
5. The Clerk of Court shall mark this case CLOSED for statistical purposes.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.