IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
January 25, 2010
SUPERINTENDENT R. COLEMAN, ET AL.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: John R. Padova, J.
AND NOW, this 25th day of January, 2010, upon careful and independent consideration of the Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus filed pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2254 (Doc. No. 1), and after review of United States Magistrate Judge Timothy R. Rice's Report and Recommendation (Doc. No. 13), and consideration of Petitioner's Objections to the Magistrate Judge's Report and Recommendation (Doc. No. 15), IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Petitioner's Objections are OVERRULED;
2. The Report and Recommendation of Magistrate Judge Rice is APPROVED and ADOPTED;*fn1
3. The Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus filed pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2254 is DENIED;
4. Because Petitioner has failed to make a substantial showing of the denial of a constitutional right or demonstrated that a reasonable jurist would debate the correctness of this ruling, the Court declines to issue a certificate of appealability under 28 U.S.C. § 2253(c)(2); and
5. The Clerk shall CLOSE this case statistically.