IN THE SUPREME COURT OF PENNSYLVANIA WESTERN DISTRICT
January 12, 2010
PENNSYLVANIA GAMING CONTROL BOARD, NAN DAVENPORT, W. THOMAS MCGOUGH, JR., AND REED SMITH LLP, PETITIONERS
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, RESPONDENT
AND NOW, this 12th day of January, 2010, this matter is accepted for review pursuant to the collateral order doctrine. It is hereby ordered as follows:
(1) the Petitioners' Motions for Leave to File Under Seal are granted;
(2) the Petitioners' Motion for Leave to File Reply is granted;
(3) the Office of Attorney General's Motion to Seal Brief and Appendix is granted;
(4) the Office of Attorney General's Motion to File Sur-Reply Brief is granted;
(5) the Office of Attorney General's Motion to Seal Sur-Reply Brief and Accompanying Motion is granted; and
(6) the October 29, 2009 order disqualifying Reed Smith, LLP, and W. Thomas McGough, Jr. from representing Nan Davenport is reversed, without prejudice to the Office of Attorney General to request disqualification of counsel with respect to individual Board members and employees, should Petitioners' counsel be retained to represent other Board members or employees during the course of the grand jury proceedings.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.