The opinion of the court was delivered by: Jacob P. Hart United States Magistrate Judge
In this case, plaintiff George Kontonotas ("Kontonotas") seeks to recover from defendants Hygrosol Pharmaceutical Corporation ("Hygrosol"), and Spiro Spireas amounts he claims are due to him as commissions for acting as a broker between the defendants and United Research Laboratories and Mutual Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. ("URL/Mutual"). (As of the date this motion was filed, Kontonotas had not yet amended his complaint to add Sanford Bolton, co-owner of Hygrosol, as a defendant).
On October 3, 2008, Kontonotas served the defendants with a second set of document requests. On November 3, 2008, defendants served responses, all of which were objections stated in -- for the most part -- identical language. Kontonotas has now moved to obtain the requested documents, and the defendants have opposed his motion. For the reasons set forth below, Kontonotas's motion will be granted in part and denied in part.
II. The Disputed Requests
Although the defendants objected to each of the 19 requests, their response in this motion only discusses requests 7-14, and 16. These ask for:
7. All documents evidencing loans from either Sanford Bolton [a shareholder in Hygrosol] or Spiro Spireas to Hygrosol Corporation.
8. All documents evidencing loans from any family member, relative or friend of either Sanford Bolton or Spiro Spireas, or any business affiliated with Sanford Bolton or Spiro Spireas, to Hygrosol Corporation.
9. All documents evidencing loans from Hygrosol Corporation to either Sanford Bolton or Spiro Spireas.
10. All documents evidencing loans from Hygrosol Corporation to any family member, relative or friend of either Sanford Bolton or Spiro Spireas, or any business affiliated with Sanford Bolton or Spiro Spireas.
11. All corporate records or ledgers evidencing the identity and address of each person who has owned stock in Hygrosol Corporation during the past eleven years, the consideration paid or promised for the stock and the dates on which the consideration was paid or promised.
12. All corporate records or ledgers evidencing the issuance of actual stock certificates at any time since the incorporation of Hygrosol Corporation, to whom they were issued and the dates of same.
13. Copies of corporate records or ledgers evidencing the payment of dividends to any shareholder since the incorporation of Hygrosol Pharmaceutical Corporation, to whom the dividends were paid, the amounts paid and the date(s) of payment.
14. For each bank account maintained in the name of Hygrosol Pharmaceutical Corporation, a copy of the monthly statement for the ...