UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT MIDDLE DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
February 14, 2008
WILLIAM MEEKINS, PLAINTIFF
JEFFREY BEARD, ET AL., DEFENDANTS
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge Kosik
NOW, THIS 14th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2008, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AS FOLLOWS:
1. Plaintiff's motion for sanctions (Doc. 53), motion to compel and for sanctions (Doc. 54) and motion to compel (Doc. 61) are deemed withdrawn for failure to file supporting briefs in accordance with M.D. Pa. Local Rule 7.5.
2. Plaintiff's motion for a thirty (30) day enlargement of the discovery deadline (Doc. 58) filed on May 11, 2007, is granted nunc pro tunc.*fn1
3. Defendants' motion for enlargement of time to file a dispositive motion (Doc. 62) submitted on May 31, 2007, is granted nunc pro tunc. The motion for summary judgment filed by Defendants on August 7, 2007 will be deemed timely filed.
4. Plaintiff's motion for judgment due to Defendants' failure to oppose his motion for summary judgment (Doc. 63) is denied.*fn2
5. Plaintiff's motion for relief due to Defendants failure to defend and timely file dispositive motion (Doc. 77) is denied in light of the timely filing of Defendants' motion for summary judgment on August 7, 2007.
6. Plaintiff's motion to dismiss his original brief in support of summary judgment and substitute proposed supporting brief (Doc. 73) is granted. Document 74 will be accepted as Plaintiff's brief in support of his motion for summary judgment.*fn3
EDWIN M. KOSIK United States District Judge