The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gary L. Lancaster, United States District Judge
ORDER OF JURY SELECTION PROCEDURE
Once the jury panel has been placed in the courtroom, the Deputy Clerk will administer the following oath to the panel, en banc:
"You and each of you do solemnly swear and affirm that any statement you make in this room in the cause now trying shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and you do so under the pains and penalties of perjury."
Once the oath has been administered, the Courtroom Deputy will then address the panel as follows:
1. "The caption of this case is Respironics, Inc. and RIC Investments, LLC v. Invacare, Corp. at Civil Action No. 04-336. Do any of you know anything about this case?"
2. "The PLAINTIFFS in this case are Respironics, Inc. and RIC Investments, LLC. Are any of you, or any member of your immediate family, an employee or former employee or shareholder of either Respironics, Inc. and RIC Investments, LLC?"
3. "The DEFENDANT in this case is Invacare, Corp.. Are any of you, or any member of your immediate family, an employee or former employee, or shareholder of Invacare, Corp.?"
4. "The PLAINTIFFS are represented by Attorneys Thomas W. McGough, Jr., Gene Tabachnick and Joshua Bish of the law firm of Reed Smith."
5. "The DEFENDANT is represented by Attorneys William Eric Soller of the law firm of Pietragallo, Bosick and Gordon, Charles Lyon and Ned Pejic of the law firm of Calfee, Halter and Griswold, and Ernest Mansour of the law firm of Mansour, Gavin, Gerlack and Manos."
6. "Do any of you know these attorneys? Have they, or any member of their firms, ever represented you or a member of your immediate family, if you know?"
7. "Do any of you have any difficulty in seeing or hearing, or understanding the English language, that would impair your full attention to the trial?"
8. "Do any of you take medication that might make you drowsy or prevent you from giving your full concentration during the course of this trial?"
9. "Do any of you have any physical problems that would make it difficult for you to sit ...