The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Gary L. Lancaster, United States District Judge
ORDER OF JURY SELECTION PROCEDURE
Once the jury panel has been placed in the courtroom, the Deputy Clerk will administer the following oath to the panel, en banc:
"You and each of you do solemnly swear and affirm that any statement you make in this room in the cause now trying shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and you do so under the pains and penalties of perjury."
Once the oath has been administered, the Courtroom Deputy will then address the panel as follows:
1. "The caption of this case is Deborah A. Sgro v. The United States of America at Civil Action No. 04-1415. Do any of you know anything about this case?"
2. "The PLAINTIFF in this case is Deborah A. Sgro. Do any of you know Ms. Sgro?"
3. "The DEFENDANT in this case is The United States of America. Are any of you, or any member of your immediate family, an employee of The United States of America?"
4. "The PLAINTIFF is represented by Attorneys Ralph Minto, Jr. and Brian Kahle of the law firm of Ralph Minto and Associates and Attorney Samuel J. Reich of the law firm of Reich, Alexander, Reisinger and Farrell."
5. "The DEFENDANT is represented by Attorneys Joshua D. Smeltzer and Beatriz Saiz for the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice."
6. "Do any of you know these attorneys? Have they, or any member of their firms, ever represented you or a member of your immediate family, if you know?"
7. "Do any of you have any difficulty in seeing or hearing, or understanding the English language, that would impair your full attention to the trial?"
8. "Do any of you take medication that might make you drowsy or prevent you from giving your full concentration during the course of this trial?"
9. "Do any of you have any physical problems that would make it difficult for you to sit ...