The opinion of the court was delivered by: Christopher C. Conner United States District Judge
AND NOW, this 23rd day of February, 2006, upon consideration of the correspondence from Don Bailey, Esquire ("Attorney Bailey") dated February 22, 2006, requesting a ninety-day extension to comply with an order of court dated August 1, 2005 (see Doc. 30),*fn1 which imposed sanctions and directed Attorney Bailey to complete three continuing legal education courses,*fn2 and indicating that he will comply with the sanctions imposed by completing the following courses:
(1) Bridge the Gap (Course No. 4350),
(2) Civil Litigation Update (Course No. 4147), and
(3) Appellate Brief Writing (Course No. 3980), and it appearing that Attorney Bailey has presented good cause for an extension,*fn3 see FED. R. CIV. P. 6(b), but that the Civil Litigation Update course (No. 4147) does not involve federal civil procedure,*fn4 and the Appellate Brief Writing course (No. 3980) is not approved for continuing legal education credits,*fn5 it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. The Clerk of Court is directed to DOCKET the correspondence from Don Bailey, Esquire dated February 22, 2006 as a motion for an enlargement of time.
2. The correspondence from Don Bailey, Esquire, CONSTRUED as a motion for an enlargement of time, is GRANTED as so construed. See FED. R. CIV. P. 6(b). Don Bailey, Esquire shall file, on or before May 24, 2006, an affidavit establishing proof of compliance with this order and the prior order of court (Doc. 30), describing with particularity the nature of the courses completed.
3. Don Bailey, Esquire shall not be permitted to use the Civil Litigation Update (No. 4147) or Appellate Brief Writing (No. 3980) courses to comply with the prior order of court ...