UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE THIRD CIRCUIT
May 8, 1991
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
JUANITO CREQUE, APPELLANT
Appeal from the District Court for the Virgin Islands; D.C. Criminal No. 90-00029-2; (Honorable Stanley S. Brotman).*fn*
Becker, Scirica and Alito, Circuit Judges.
After considering the contentions raised by appellant, to wit, that:
1. Appellant was improperly excluded from jury selection proceedings;
2. Count I of the information is defective because it fails to set out the essential elements of the offense charged;
3. The government failed to meet its burden of proving that appellant conspired to encourage and induce illegal aliens to enter the United States; and,
4. The court erred in denying appellant's motion for change of venue, it is
ADJUDGED AND ORDERED that the judgment of the district court be and is hereby AFFIRMED.
* The Honorable Stanley S. Brotman, United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey, sitting by designation.
© 1998 VersusLaw Inc.