Appeal from the Order of the Unemployment Compensation Board of Review in the case of Rebecca A. Floyd, No. B-226418.
Stephen K. Portko, Hoffmeyer & Semmelman, for petitioner.
Charles G. Hasson, Acting Deputy Chief Counsel, for respondent.
Judges MacPhail and Colins, and Senior Judge Blatt, sitting as a panel of three. Opinion by Judge Blatt.
[ 94 Pa. Commw. Page 625]
Rebecca A. Floyd petitions for review of the order of the Unemployment Compensation Board of Review (Board) which affirmed a referee's denial of benefits on grounds of willful misconduct.*fn1
[ 94 Pa. Commw. Page 626]
The referee's findings of fact,*fn2 adopted by the Board, are as follows:
1. Claimant was last employed by Rutter's Farm Store as a clerk at a last pay rate of $3.45 per hour. She started her employment in October, 1982, and her last day of work was August 26, 1983.
2. The claimant was discharged by the employer because she violated a company rule regarding ringing up transactions.
3. On August 8, 1983, the employer held a store meeting with the claimant and all employees where the severe problems in the store regarding cash and inventory shortages were discussed.
4. The employer emphasized the importance of completing all transactions and warned the employees that they would be discharged if transactions were not completed.
5. The claimant has a $400 transaction in May which had not been completed and at that time, the employer counseled her on the ...