principal place of business and base of operations in Libya.
5. At all material times Oxy owned a 49% interest in a tanker terminal at Es Zueitina, Libya; the National Oil Company of Libya ("NOC"), as transferee of the Government of Libya owned a 51% interest, following nationalization in 1973. Oxy operated the terminal.
6. Oxy is a subsidiary of both Occidental Petroleum Corporation and Occidental Oil and Gas Corporation, both of which are incorporated in the United States and maintain offices within the United States.
7. All physical assets of Oxy were located in Libya during the relevant time period.
8. Sun Oil Trading, Ltd., is a Bermuda company and a wholly owned subsidiary of Sun Company, Inc.
9. Sun Oil Trading, Ltd. acquires foreign crude oil to supply Sun Company, Inc.'s domestic United States refineries.
10. In June, 1975, Sun Oil Trading, Ltd. entered into a three-year contract with NOC to purchase 15,000 barrels a day of crude oil from Libyan oil fields.
11. Sun Oil Transport, Ltd., sold all of this crude oil to Sun Oil Corporation of Pennsylvania, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sun Company, Inc., both of which are Pennsylvania corporations.
12. Sun Oil Corporation of Pennsylvania chartered the Southern Sun to supply its refineries, principally those in Puerto Rico and Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania. As charterer, Sun Oil Corporation of Pennsylvania nominated the Southern Sun to load approximately 240,000 barrels of crude oil purchased from NOC by Sun Oil Trading, Ltd. during the period November 18, 1976 to November 22, 1976.
13. The Southern Sun arrived at the port of Es Zueitina on November 18, 1976.
14. Prior to berthing, a Mooring Master, Captain Smith, boarded the Southern Sun.
15. Captain Smith was an employee of Oxy at all relevant times.
16. Upon boarding Captain Smith presented a Tanker Loading Advice ("TLA") letter, a form prepared by Oxy, to the Master of the Southern Sun, Captain Bertacca, and requested that it be signed.
17. Captain Bertacca signed that he accepted and agreed to the TLA; the text of this document was as follows:
TANKER LOADING ADVICE