Appeal from the Order of the Public School Employes' Retirement Board in case of In the Matter of Fred A. Basehore, Decision of March 9, 1973.
Lewis F. Adler, for appellant.
Raymond Kleiman, Deputy Attorney General, with him Israel Packel, Attorney General, for appellee.
Judges Crumlish, Jr., Kramer, Wilkinson, Jr., Mencer, Rogers and Blatt. President Judge Bowman did not participate. Opinion by Judge Crumlish, Jr.
This is an appeal from an adjudication of the Public School Employes' Retirement Board which denied Fred A. Basehore (Basehore) the right to purchase military service credit for benefits in the Public School Employes' Retirement Fund.
The parties have filed a stipulation of facts which reads as follows:
1. Fred A. Basehore, the Appellant, has been employed in the public schools of Pennsylvania continuously since January 23, 1957, and is still so employed.
2. As such an employe he has been and is a contributor to the Public School Employes' Retirement Fund.
3. The Appellant attended Shippensburg State Teachers College from September 1932 until June 1934.
4. On April 16, 1935, he enlisted in the United States Navy and served until his voluntary retirement with the rank of Chief Warrant Officer on June 30, 1955.
5. Upon retirement from military service he received a government pension.
6. In September 1955 he re-enrolled as a student at Shippensburg State Teachers' College and graduated with a degree of ...