The opinion of the court was delivered by: TROUTMAN
TROUTMAN, District Judge.
The Court, having considered the verified complaint, the answer and a stipulation of facts entered into by respective counsel and having heard oral argument, now makes the following findings of fact and conclusions of law pursuant to F.R.Civ.P. 52(a).
2. Plaintiff is and was at all times relevant hereto the owner of fifty shares of common stock of Bethlehem Steel Corporation.
3. Bethlehem Steel Corporation (Bethlehem) is a Delaware corporation engaged primarily in the business of steel production, with a principal office in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
4. Bethlehem is the second largest producer of steel in the United States, and in 1971 it had net sales of approximately $2,963,602,000 and net income of approximately $139,239,000.
5. Bethlehem had on September 30, 1972 about 202,670 stockholders who owned about 44,469,541 shares of common stock, which were outstanding on that date. The market value of each share of common stock during 1972 has ranged from a high of $34 5/8 to a low of $25 7/8, and the closing value of a share of common stock on October 16, 1972 was $25 7/8. Plaintiff, who owns fifty shares of such common stock, has owned said stock for more than one year.
6. In connection with the September 11, 1972, mailing of a quarterly dividend to its stockholders, Bethlehem included in the mailing envelope sent to each stockholder a reprint of an advertisement (the "Advertisement") entitled, "I say, let's keep the campaign honest. Mobilize 'truth squads' . . . .". (Exhibit A)
7. The advertisement appeared from on or about August 22, 1972 until September 7, 1972, in various media of national and local circulation, including "Newsweek", "Time", "U.S. News and World Report", "Business Week", "Saturday Review", "Editor and Publisher" and nineteen local newspapers in towns in which Bethlehem has plants.
8. Various magazines in which the advertisement appeared, including "Time", "Newsweek" and "U.S. News and World Report" are distributed nationally to subscribers and by sale at newsstands throughout the United States.
9. "Time", "Newsweek" and "U.S. News and World Report" are published weekly and have substantial circulation.
10. The Public Affairs Department of Bethlehem as indicated in the advertisement will send to each person on request a copy of Mr. Cort's speech entitled "Speak Out for Truth", and a copy of a folder entitled "How you can help to keep the campaign honest".
11. The placement and purchase of the advertisement and the printing and mailing of Mr. Cort's speech and the folder entitled "How you can help to keep the campaign honest" have been, and are being paid ...